JUNE 26, 2015
6 quail eggs
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Dash Tabasco sauce
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
3 ounces caviar
- Boil the quail eggs, drain, rinse under cold water and peel. Pat dry.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks with a very small spoon into a bowl; mash.
- Mix the yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco sauce and salt.
- Carefully fill the whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with chives and top with caviar.
- Arrange on a decorative cocktail tray (looks extra cute served on a bed of salt or sesame seeds).